These menu suggestions have been prepared for my patients with help from a nutritionist. It is not necessary to follow this diet strictly, however, we feel it is a useful guide to nutrition following periodontal surgery. If you have a great deal of difficulty chewing, we would also suggest the use of baby foods, fruits, vegetables, and meats processed in a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Nectars, Apple or Prune Juice
- Cereal, Buttered Grits, Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat or Rice
- Eggs-Scrambled, Poached, Fried, Soft Boiled
- Wheat Bread
- Soup-Creamed (i.e. turkey, mushroom, pea)
- Roasted Turkey, Chicken
- Baked Veal
- Vegetables-Bland (i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, string beans)
- Mashed or Baked Potato, Boiled Noodles, Macaroni & Cheese
- Dessert-Gelatins, Banana, Soft Peaches
- Baked Fish
- Mashed or Baked or Sweet Potato, Rice,
- Vegetable-Bland (i.e. broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, string beans)
- Dessert-Yogurt, Sherbert, Jello, Pudding
CITRUS JUICES, BECAUSE OF THEIR HIGH ACID CONTENT, MAY CAUSE PAIN TO THE OPERATIVE AREA(S), AND SHOULD THEREFORE BE AVOIDED FOR THE FIRST FEW DAYS POSTOPERATIVELY.